Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE entering competitions
ROBIN ROBIN OFFICAL OST VINYL COMPETITION RULES
These are the terms and conditions (“Rules”) that apply to the “Robin Robin Official Motion Picture Soundtrack on VINYL” competition (“Competition”). In particular, please see the “Liability” section, which explains how we limit our liability to you.
By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to these Rules and confirms they have read and understood our Privacy Notice at https://www.aardman.com/privacy-policy/. If a parent/guardian is entering this Competition on behalf of an entrant who is under the age of 18, the parent/guardian agrees to these Rules both on their own behalf and on behalf of the entrant and confirms they have read our Privacy Notice.
- Promoter: Aardman Animations Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with registered company number 02050843 and registered office address at Gas Ferry Road, Bristol, BS1 6UN (“Aardman”).
- Entry period: The Competition opens for entry at 11:00 am (UK time) on Saturday 22nd April 2023 and closes at 11am (UK time) on Tuesday 25th April 2023 (“Entry Period”).
- Eligibility: Entry is only open to individuals are legal residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland only) who are aged thirteen (13) and over. The following individuals are not eligible to enter this Competition even if they meet the above criteria: (i) any employee or other individual engaged by Aardman or any of its associated or group companies; (ii) members of the immediate family and/or household (whether related or not) of any of those individuals; and (iii) anyone else professionally involved or associated with the operation, promotion or administration of the Competition. Aardman reserves the right at any time to require proof of eligibility in such form as Aardman considers necessary.
- How to enter: To enter the Competition, entrants must complete all of the following steps before the end of the Entry Period:
- To enter, entrants must “like” the competition post on the Robin Robin Facebook page and leave a comment on the post describing their favourite record (“Submission”). The Submission must comply fully with the Submission Guidelines (see below);
- This competition is open to For any entrant who is under the age of 18 at the time of entry, a parent or guardian must submit the entry using their own email address and will be deemed to agree to these Rules both on their own behalf and on behalf of the entrant.
- Submission Guidelines: The entrant must comply with, and must ensure that their Submission complies with, the following guidelines (“Submission Guidelines”):
- Submissions must not include any confidential information or personal information concerning any person.
- Submissions must not be, or contain any material which is or may reasonably be considered to be, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, inflammatory, in breach of confidence or otherwise unlawful.
- By providing a Submission, each entrant warrants (i.e. promises) that all elements of the Submission will not infringe the intellectual property rights (or any other rights) of any person or organisation.
- By entering the Competition, each entrant warrants (i.e. promises) that he or she has the right and authority to enter the Competition, to accept a Prize and that by doing so they will not be in breach of any agreement with or obligation to a third party.
- Limits on entry: A limit of one (1) entry per person applies to this Competition, except that a parent or guardian may enter the General Category on their own behalf and the Junior Category on behalf of their child. Entrants may only enter on their own behalf in the Entry Category that applies to them, based on their age at the time of entry. Aardman reserves the right to disqualify any entry or move it to a different category if an entry is entered in an incorrect category or in both categories.
- Review of entries: Once the entrant’s email has been received by Aardman, the Submission will be reviewed for compliance with the Submission Guidelines. Aardman reserves the right to disqualify any entry if the Submission does not comply with the Submission Guidelines or if the entrant’s email does not include the required information. Aardman accepts no responsibility for entries that are not successfully submitted or received for any reason.
- Prize(s): there will be five (5) overall winners. Each winner receive one (1) Robin Robin Offical Motion Picture Soundtrack on vinyl.
- Prize conditions: Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and no cash alternative is available. However, if Aardman considers it appropriate, or if it becomes necessary for reasons beyond Aardman’s control, a Prize may be varied or swapped for a suitable alternative in Aardman’s discretion.
- Winner selection: The Prize winners will be chosen at random from all complete, correct and eligible entries properly received during the Entry Period. Subject to complying with the Submission Guidelines, the Prize winners will receive the Prize as described above.
- Winner notification: Aardman will make reasonable efforts to contact Prize winners, but it is each Prize winner’s responsibility to monitor their Facebook account for receipt of the notification.
- Claiming the Prize: Once they have received an initial win notification, Prize winners must email Aardman at firstname.lastname@example.org with their contact details to claim their prize within fourteen (14) days of the date of the initial win notification. Aardman will make reasonable efforts to contact Prize winners, but it is each Prize winner’s responsibility to monitor their email account, including any junk mail folders, to confirm their contact details. Alternative winners will be selected and notified as set out above and must claim their Prize within fourteen (14) days.
- Prize delivery: Prizes will be sent to the Prize winner within fourteen (14) days of the date that Aardman receives the Prize winner’s completed Winner’s Agreement.
- Your grant of rights to us: By entering the Competition, and in consideration of the opportunity to win a Prize, each entrant:
- agrees that, if the entrant is a Prize winner, Aardman shall be entitled (but not obliged) to announce their name on the Aardman websites, social media and other channels;
- acknowledge and agree that you are granting Aardman a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence your competition entry and any accompanying materials for our business purposes, including (without limitation) displaying your competition entry on our website(s) and/or sharing it on our social media channels;
- hereby waives all, and agrees not to assert any, moral rights to which the entrant may now or at any future time be entitled anywhere in the world in respect of the Submission, including under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and any similar or equivalent laws, regulations, rules or conventions;
- agrees (without further reward) to take part in reasonable publicity connected with the Competition; and
- at their own expense, agrees to promptly execute and deliver such documents and perform such acts as may reasonably be required for the purpose of giving full effect to these Rules.
- Liability: Nothing in these Rules limits or excludes any person’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for fraud or for any other matter for which liability cannot be lawfully limited or excluded. However, to the fullest extent permissible by law, Aardman will not be liable for: (i) any and all liability arising from the entrant’s death or personal injury which may occur during or in connection with the Competition except to the extent caused by the negligence or Aardman or its employees and representatives; (ii) any other loss or damage the entrant may suffer or incur as a result of the entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize (or any part); (iii) any loss or damage caused by a third party who is not acting on behalf of or under the direct instructions of Aardman; (iv) any loss or damage caused by any event or circumstance beyond Aardman’s reasonable control; (v) any loss of profits or revenue, loss of anticipated savings or loss of goodwill; and (vi) any unavailability of Aardman’s websites, apps or social media accounts. Further advice about consumer rights is available from any local Citizens’ Advice Bureau (https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/) or local Trading Standards office (https://www.gov.uk/find-local-trading-standards-office).
- No endorsement: The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with YouTube, Google or any other third party. Use of and entry via YouTube is always subject to the rules, terms and policies of YouTube. All third-party trade marks and other intellectual property rights are hereby acknowledged. By participating in the Competition, entrants agree that they are providing their information to Aardman, not to any third party. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, YouTube, Google and any other third party shall have no liability to any person or company in connection with or arising out of the Competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, damages and other liabilities.
- Cancellation and variation: Aardman reserves the right to vary, suspend or cancel the Competition and/or these Rules if it considers it necessary or appropriate to do so, including if there is any actual or anticipated breach of applicable law or if variation, suspension or cancellation is necessary due to an event outside Aardman’s reasonable control. In the event of cancellation, the Prizes may be awarded to winners drawn from entries received prior to cancellation.
- Disqualification: Without limiting the options available to Aardman, Aardman reserves the right at any time to disqualify entries or entrants that Aardman regards as being in breach of these Rules, any applicable laws, any terms and conditions referred to in these Rules or the spirit of the Competition.
- Interference with the Competition: Any attempt to damage or undermine the content or legitimate operation of the Competition is prohibited and may also be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Aardman reserves all its rights and remedies to deal with breaches or suspected breaches of this rule including, without limitation, to exclude any entrant or winner believed to be associated with such activity.
- : By entering the Competition , each entrant acknowledges that in the event of a win their surname and county of residence may be disclosed to persons enquiring, where permitted by law. Any entrant may object to their information being made available in this way, or may request that the amount of information made available be reduced, by contacting Aardman using the contact details at the end of these Rules. In these circumstances, the entrant acknowledges that Aardman may nevertheless disclose the relevant information, and the entrant’s entry, to the Advertising Standards Authority (and/or any other competent authority) if required to do so. By way of example, this may happen where Aardman is required to demonstrate that it has awarded any advertised prizes. To request disclosure of winner details, enquirers must submit a request to email@example.com within one (1) month following the end of the Entry Period. Details will only be disclosed (if permitted by law) after all Prizes have been awarded.
- Personal data: Entrants acknowledge that any personal data of entrants processed in connection with the Competition will be processed in accordance with Aardman’s Privacy Notice (https://www.aardman.com/privacy-policy/).
- Accessing these Rules: Any website on which these Rules are posted is only intended to be accessed from the United Kingdom and where permitted by law. Aardman makes no representation that materials relating to the Competition are appropriate or available for use at other locations. Access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited.
- Severance and waiver: If any part of these Rules is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the rest of these Rules will not be affected. Aardman’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Disputes: Subject to the “Law and Jurisdiction” section below, if there is a dispute about the Competition or these Rules, Aardman’s decisions are final. If there is a dispute between these Rules and any other document referred to in these Rules, these Rules take precedence to the extent necessary to resolve the conflict.
- Law and jurisdiction: The Competition and these Rules are governed by English law, and any disputes arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, except that residents of Scotland and Northern Ireland may also bring proceedings in their local courts.
- Accessibility: If you have any difficulty accessing or entering this Competition, please contact Aardman at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like these terms and conditions in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us and we will endeavour to provide it.
Contact: Enquiries about the Competition can be sent to Aardman at: email@example.com.